RECORDING YOUR FLOCK
Signet performance recording is also now available to all our members, through HDSBA and BASCO:
We are able to provide two levels of recording to all interested members:
- Basic recording: members will provide birth weights and 8 week lamb weights online via the BASCO database. Members will be able to access their EBVs and index scores for their lambs through the BASCO database only. Basic recording will not entitle breeders to have their EBVs and index scores published in schedules for HDSBA sales and shows.
- Full recording: will be available to those members who submit: birth weights; 8 week weights (both collected as above); and 20-week weights (collected on farm when lambs are also scanned). Smaller flocks may opt to scan every other year or every third year. Members will also have the options of CT scanning (see below for information) and FEC data in addition to the basic records. On farm scanning and any FEC data fees will be charged directly to the flock owner by Signet. CT charges will be invoiced to HDSBA but passed on to the flock owner if not covered by any eligible EBLEX, HCC or QMS grants. Weigh sheets will be issued by Signet to full recording members. Members will receive paper, or electronic files of the EBVs and index scores for their lambs as well as access to the data via the BASCO database. Full recording members will be entitled to entry for their lambs into the ram lamb and sire summary listings, EBVs for any sheep entered for HDSBA Official Sales will also be included in the sales catalogues.
HDSBA / Signet Performance Recording Fees for 20016/17
- £30 +VAT per flock fee to be paid in July
- £2 inc VAT per lamb Birth Notification fee, that is £1.50 normal BN fee + 50p for recording
- £95 +VAT (£190 + VAT in N Ireland) per flock fee to be paid in July
- £4 inc VAT per lamb Birth Notification fee, that is £1.50 normal BN fee + £2.50 for recording
Note: on farm scanning fees are invoiced by and paid to the service provider
Performance recorded Birth Notifications should be made online or a penalty will be payable
Note. Egenes provide a whole breed analysis for the Hampshire Down breed which generates EBVs and an index for every pedigree sheep. Signet does not do whole breed analysis for all the other breeds.
CT scanning is an optional extra to provide a more accurate analysis. It is undertaken by SRUC at their static scanner in Edinburgh and with their mobile scanner at several locations in England and Wales country. The cost is subsidised by the individual levy boards. For more information on CT scanning Click Here
DATES - The dates for data submission and publication of reports for 2017 are:
HAMPSHIRE DOWN 1All Data to be submitted by Monday 27th February. Report Published Friday 17th March.
HAMPSHIRE DOWN 2 All Data to be submitted by Monday 15th May. Report Published Friday 2nd June.
HAMPSHIRE DOWN 3 All Data to be submitted by Monday 1st September. Report Published Wed 20th Sept.
CT SCANNING DATES:
3rd May EDINBURGH
9th – 10th May STONELEIGH
Additional and alternative dates may be introduced if sufficient demand or need.